Wednesday 23 April 2014

Kerplunk!

I've spent the past few days finishing off this little animation project. The brief called for a person in a boat to rise with a wave, then crash back into the sea, with optional arm flailing and hat loss. It's quite short - one hundred frames, which just about hits the four-second mark - and I decided to keep it really very simple. I wanted it to look as if it were animated by hand, despite creating it in Adobe Flash (CS6 this time!), so there isn't any colour in it. I ended up drawing almost everything in every frame individually anyway, using Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V wherever I could, so it made sense to keep it looking that way. I've named my little sailor Captain Tangerine (because I used an orange circle in his stead while I was working out the timing and spacing), and I took the liberty of naming his mighty ship 'Kerplunk.' Just because I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!