Thursday 29 May 2014

MotoGP Riders - Ballpoint Pen Illustrations



Over the past few years, I've become more and more passionate about motorbikes, riding, and racing. In my mind, MotoGP is the most spectacular motorsport out there. The circuits, the teams, and the riders are all incredible to watch, and every single race has me on the edge of my seat. It's worth watching, I'll tell you that.





Just before I set off for Catalunya to see the 2012 Barcelona GP, I drew two of my favourite riders; Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner. I brought them with me and had them in my hands while I walked down pit lane, looking into all the garages and observing the crews as they worked. It was one of the best trips I've ever been on, without a doubt!



Since then, I've watched every race (including seeing The Doctor winning in Assen last year!) and I've drawn another ten riders, from Marc Márquez when he was riding in Moto2, to defending world champion, Jorge Lorenzo. Each drawing takes a week to draw and colour, so this collection shows twelve full weeks' worth of work. The collection is incredibly important to me, and is ever expanding. Hopefully I'll be adding to it again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!